A Place to Call My Own

So, I spent the last week moving my life into my very first OWN place. Along with my own place comes my very own kitchen. It is exactly the way I like it and I am continuing to bring in more of my favorite elements into the kitchen that just let me unwind and feel freedom in the kitchen.
Green plants, blue tea kettle, everything else clean and white.


Little finishing touches.


Cute and practical homemade pieces.


Unique Pendants that Add an Industrial Feel


To celebrate the all around cuteness I am having some of my best friends over this weekend. So naturally, I have been scouring my favorite blogs and figuring out what to make for them that is fun, healthy, surprising, and interesting. Obviously there was cheese and wine and the rest just came together. We did a vegetarian night as one of the friends is vegetarian.

**Disclaimer: There is no real hard copy recipes to follow. Just some of the food I threw together and a recipe from one of the bloggers I love!

For the cheese board: 
Stuffed Peppers with Goat Cheese both bought from Sprout's and stuffed at home
Walnut Creek F.R.O.G. (Fig, Raspberry, Orange, and Ginger) Jam 
Mrs. Miller's Jalapeno Pepper Jelly from Amazon
Honey from the Farmers Market
Pickled Vegetables from Trader Joe's
Marcona Almonds with Rosemary from Trader Joe's
Savory Thins (Gluten Free) from Trader Joe's
Raisin and Rosemary Crackers from Trader Joe's
Grapes
Iberico Cheese blend from Sprout's
Perricone Black Pepper Cheese from Trader Joe's
Soft Brie from Trader Joe's
Pretty in Pink Beet Hummus from The Healthy Hour Blog



For the Main Course:
Butternut Squash Mashed Potatoes
Asparagus roasted with Everything But the Bagel Sesame seasoning from Trader Joe's
Mushrooms Sauteed with Lemon Pepper
Cabbage, Arugula, Garbanzo Salad with Red Wine Vinegar

Comments

Popular Posts