Chasing Dreams

"What makes a river so restful to people is that it doesn't have any doubt - it is sure to get where it is going, and it doesn't want to go anywhere else"
- Hal Boyle


Here, is a potential rant that will hopefully make someone else feel sane and inspired.

Jobs. Internships. Informational Interviews. Classes. Meetings.

It can often feel that the things we are required to do can stop us from doing what it is our hearts truly desire to do. I have been experiencing this lately. There is so much I want to take part in to further my career and experience life to the fullest, but I often find myself with a fully booked calendar and a laundry list of things to do on my days off. 

There are days in which I am filled with gratitude for the opportunities I am given on a regular basis, and there are other days where I cannot see the gifts of life I am receiving because I feel the stress of the everyday occurrences. 

But, each day I wake up and I do one thing that moves me and I send one email or text that furthers my career, and I choose to be grateful for the people in my life and I show them that gratitude and by doing so I feel more grateful.

I live the life I want to live by choosing to love the life I am living, not to say that I am stagnant or complacent but I have always found that the people who are forever waiting for the next big thing miss the real best thing which is the life we are blessed to live.

So, I will always choose to do more and be more but I promise to myself that I will always look around me and take inventory of the things I already have to live for and be grateful for.

Comments

Popular Posts