Red Lentil Soup

The temperature has dropped below 70˚ and to me that only means one thing, soups on! Lentils are a favorite of mine because they are extremely nutritious as well as filling and stand alone really well when I feel like going vegetarian.

Lentils are an amazing source folate, dietary fiber, copper, phosphorus and manganese. As well as iron, protein, vitamin B1, pantothenic acid, zinc, potassium and vitamin B6. AMAZING.


When it comes time to make a recipe I usually spend about an hour scouring the web and getting ideas from pictures, recipes, and my favorite health blogs. Then, I create my own. 


This recipe is really easy and keeps great in the fridge, which is a huge reason I love it. I am all about left overs that you are excited to eat when you get home.


I tend to get off track with eating healthy when I do not have things prepared and it is a busy week.


So here is my first soup of the season! I hope you enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts