4 Tips to Staying Sane Now That Holiday Season is Upon us

Fall is here. Whether that means, back to school, no more summer road trips, or for us adults not lucky enough to take summer vacation more of the same but on top of that all it is holiday season. Each change of a season brings about a new opportunity to commit ourselves to... ourselves again. So, how do we southern californians get through these two whole months of partial clouds?!


via GIPHY

1. Make the time - Look at your calendar. Schedule out time to do the things you love. For me, it is getting in the ocean, surfing or just swimming. Make time to cook, to work out, to sit in absolute silence if that is your thing. Whatever it is, make the time. I am guilty of having more to do in my planner than there are hours in a day. I like to stay busy, but I find myself crawling to Sunday at the end of most weeks, sheer exhaustion. I have to block out time in my planner that says, "DO NOTHING!", and I have to stick to it.


via GIPHY

2. Drink lots of coffee - I mean, just do this year round. More coffee = more productivity. It's really simple.


via GIPHY

3. Say No - Say no to people. Refer to Tip #1. You cannot do everything, all of the time. Saying "no" is a really hard thing for people. If you do not understand where I am coming from read "Boundaries" by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend.


via GIPHY

4. Remember the Reason for the Season - Which is..... oh yeah giving thanks for family and celebrating your religious holiday of choice (or not). Nowhere did I mention presents or black Friday shopping or needing to buy the best outfit to wear to your family's holiday dinner. Do not let the hype of shopping and presents take away from the special time with family. 




Comments

Popular Posts